How should I frame a 2% below-asking offer on a Doha mixed-use building?

even_thread

Homeowner
Established
I need to decide what response deadline to attach to an offer, and I do not want a quick acceptance at the expense of basic protection. The Doha mixed-use building is listed at QAR 5,242,000, has been advertised for 28 days and requires updating. There are comparable asking prices nearby, but little completed-sale evidence.

I am considering an opening offer 2% lower, supported by proof of finance and some flexibility over completion. The seller does not appear under pressure, though an earlier transaction fell through. If they engage at that level, I would keep the inspection and financing conditions and address material repairs afterward. If they want full asking, I would first need clarity on any valuation shortfall and why the previous deal failed. How long would you leave the offer open, and how would you frame those points without making the terms look uncertain?
 
Two percent does not sound aggressive in that context. Keep the explanation short: limited completed-sale evidence, updating costs, and certainty of execution. Pair the offer with financing proof, a reasonable deposit and two possible completion dates. Give them enough time to consider it, but not an open-ended deadline.

I would retain inspection and financing conditions. Rather than demanding both a lower price and broad repair credits now, inspect first and reserve credits for material issues.
 
I’d be more cautious about calling the deposit “reasonable” until the exit terms are clear. If valuation comes in low, does the financing condition fully protect the buyer, or is there an appraisal gap they are expected to cover?

Also, is the building occupied, and are the residential and commercial parts documented as expected? For mixed-use property, those answers may matter more than shaving 2% off. Ask why the earlier deal collapsed before improving either price or deposit terms.
 
Back
Top