How should I split ARS 23.52m left after closing?

calm_chart

Buyer
Established
I’m looking at a 1-bed detached home in Buenos Aires for around ARS 602,700,000. After the deposit and estimated closing costs, I’d have roughly ARS 23,520,000 left.

The inspection could still uncover ordinary first-year work, so I’m trying to divide that remainder between emergency savings, moving, immediate repairs and furniture. I’d rather buy below my maximum than turn every small problem into a financial emergency. How would you prioritise the buffer? Being told the nerves are normal isn’t helping much.
 
I’d keep the emergency fund and a separate repair pot protected first, then pay moving costs from what remains. Furniture would come last; a lightly furnished home is inconvenient, but a leaking roof or loss of income is more serious. Before deciding, list what you already own and price only the items needed to make the place functional during the first few months.
 
The ARS 23,520,000 figure may be less comfortable than it looks if it doesn’t already account for the first mortgage payment, insurance excess and any service charges. I’d also wait for the inspection before assigning fixed amounts: cosmetic work can be delayed, while water, electrical or security-related findings may change whether the purchase still fits.

Can you move in immediately, or would repairs force you to pay for housing elsewhere? That missing detail could materially change the buffer you need.
 
Back
Top