I can either keep a large cash reserve and postpone most setup purchases, or furnish the home properly and accept a much thinner safety margin. Neither option feels comfortable without knowing what the inspection will find.
I’m a first-time buyer considering a 4-bed coastal home in Prague for about CZK 6,728,000, with an 88-day purchase timeline. After the deposit and expected closing costs, roughly CZK 812,000 should remain.
My current thought is to protect several months of essential outgoings first. If the inspection identifies urgent work, that would come next; if it does not, more could go toward the move and basic furniture. I would also keep the first mortgage payment outside those pots. Does that order make sense, and which moving expenses are most often underestimated?
I’m a first-time buyer considering a 4-bed coastal home in Prague for about CZK 6,728,000, with an 88-day purchase timeline. After the deposit and expected closing costs, roughly CZK 812,000 should remain.
My current thought is to protect several months of essential outgoings first. If the inspection identifies urgent work, that would come next; if it does not, more could go toward the move and basic furniture. I would also keep the first mortgage payment outside those pots. Does that order make sense, and which moving expenses are most often underestimated?