I can see two defensible approaches: value the apartment using the new outgoings, or assume some of the recent increase will unwind. The second makes the purchase look better, but it worries me because neither the building insurance premium nor the reserve contributions are under my control.
I am near the purchase deadline for a Sydney apartment, and the higher monthly building costs now absorb much of the advantage I saw over renting. I am reviewing the reason for the reserve increase, the insurance exclusions and loss-assessment cover. What evidence would distinguish a temporary catch-up from a permanently more expensive building? Would your answer also change depending on whether tenant demand is strong enough for the apartment to work as a rental later?
I am near the purchase deadline for a Sydney apartment, and the higher monthly building costs now absorb much of the advantage I saw over renting. I am reviewing the reason for the reserve increase, the insurance exclusions and loss-assessment cover. What evidence would distinguish a temporary catch-up from a permanently more expensive building? Would your answer also change depending on whether tenant demand is strong enough for the apartment to work as a rental later?