The seller is holding at C$951,800, and I’m hesitant to challenge that without stronger completed-sale evidence. We have one night to decide on this Calgary serviced apartment. It has been listed for 38 days, and the interior will need some work.
I’m leaning toward C$904,210, which is 5% under, with proof of financing and a completion date that can suit the seller. Is it better to give a brief basis for the number or simply let the terms support it? I intend to keep the inspection and financing conditions because an appraisal shortfall would be difficult to absorb. If the work is mainly cosmetic, I would seek the lower price now; if inspection reveals specific defects, would a repair credit be the better route?
I’m leaning toward C$904,210, which is 5% under, with proof of financing and a completion date that can suit the seller. Is it better to give a brief basis for the number or simply let the terms support it? I intend to keep the inspection and financing conditions because an appraisal shortfall would be difficult to absorb. If the work is mainly cosmetic, I would seek the lower price now; if inspection reveals specific defects, would a repair credit be the better route?