How would you frame a 9% below-asking offer on this Bangkok country home?

harbor.nimble

Homeowner
The practical difficulty is supporting a price when there are few completed sales to rely on. The Bangkok country home is listed at THB 35,280,000, has been available for 83 days and requires updating, while nearby listings do not reveal what buyers have actually paid.

I am thinking of starting 9% under the list price and strengthening the offer with clear financing and a completion date that helps the seller. Is it better to explain the discount through the known work and limited sales evidence, then set a reasonable deadline for a response? I can accept losing the property, but I do not want that flexibility to turn into waived inspection rights, an exposed deposit or an appraisal shortfall I cannot cover.
 
Present it as a documented offer, not a verdict on the property. Include financing proof, point to the updating required and note the lack of convincing completed comparables. Give a reasonable response deadline rather than leaving it open-ended. I’d keep inspection and financing contingencies; if defects emerge, seek a repair credit instead of trying to estimate everything now.
 
I’d be careful about assuming 83 days means the seller is ready to discount. Their motivation matters more, and a 9% opening could produce no counteroffer if they view nearby asking prices as support.

Before submitting, ask what happens if the appraisal falls below your offer and how much deposit is exposed before financing and inspection are resolved. Flexible completion is useful only if it solves an actual seller problem, so have the agent explore timing first.
 
Back
Top