dev.brooks
First-time buyer
Moving costs, basic furniture, the first mortgage payment and a cash reserve are all competing for the same pot, so I do not want to book an inspection at the wrong stage. The property is a new-build three-bedroom duplex in Montreal, and the builder says the municipal checks are sufficient.
I am less certain. Drainage, insulation and finishing problems may not become obvious until we move in. Is the most useful visit one shortly before completion, one when we take possession, or a later check during the defect period? I will also ask the builder for the inspection-access rules and defect procedure in writing.
I am less certain. Drainage, insulation and finishing problems may not become obvious until we move in. Is the most useful visit one shortly before completion, one when we take possession, or a later check during the defect period? I will also ask the builder for the inspection-access rules and defect procedure in writing.