GentleQuill
Homeowner
Access may decide this before anything else, so I am checking what the purchase agreement permits before booking an inspector. The property is a new 3-bed serviced apartment in Kuala Lumpur priced at MYR 4,371,000, and the developer is relying on municipal approval as sufficient reassurance.
My concern is the individual unit rather than the building merely clearing the required checks. Drainage problems, poor insulation and incomplete finishes may not be obvious until possession or heavy use. If access is available, would a detailed visit shortly before completion plus a targeted follow-up be a sensible compromise, with the defect list checked during handover?
I also need to keep enough cash available after completion. Beyond moving and furnishing costs, I am budgeting for the first mortgage instalment, service charges, insurance excess and repairs that cannot wait while responsibility is disputed.
My concern is the individual unit rather than the building merely clearing the required checks. Drainage problems, poor insulation and incomplete finishes may not be obvious until possession or heavy use. If access is available, would a detailed visit shortly before completion plus a targeted follow-up be a sensible compromise, with the defect list checked during handover?
I also need to keep enough cash available after completion. Beyond moving and furnishing costs, I am budgeting for the first mortgage instalment, service charges, insurance excess and repairs that cannot wait while responsibility is disputed.