The builder has now said the municipal sign-off should be enough, which leaves me wondering whether an independent inspection would add anything. I’m buying a new-build three-bedroom coastal home near Toronto, and my concern is that drainage, insulation or finishing problems may not be obvious until after I move in.
If access is allowed, when would an inspection be most useful: shortly before completion, during the handover process, or later while defects can still be reported? I’m willing to delay furniture and keep some emergency cash available if a second visit is worthwhile. I’d also like to understand whether shared services or recurring charges should be checked separately from the physical condition.
If access is allowed, when would an inspection be most useful: shortly before completion, during the handover process, or later while defects can still be reported? I’m willing to delay furniture and keep some emergency cash available if a second visit is worthwhile. I’d also like to understand whether shared services or recurring charges should be checked separately from the physical condition.