Informal Toronto property meetup in November 2024

NimbleStone

Real estate agent
I’d like this November 2024 meetup to be easy for people across Toronto to attend, but the date, access needs and likely headcount all affect the venue.

The plan is an informal table discussion covering the local market, financing and how people assess deals, with time for specific questions. Please indicate whether a weekday evening or weekend is more realistic, and whether joining remotely or having step-free access is important. I’ll then suggest a few dates and check central venues before confirming any charge or attendance limit.
 
Interested. An early evening would be easier for me, provided the venue is close to public transport. Could you offer two or three possible dates before booking? November schedules can fill quickly, and the date may affect the headcount more than the agenda.
 
I’d vote for a weekend. Early-evening travel across Toronto can turn a short meetup into a much longer commitment. A venue near a major transit connection would help either way. Will this be a discussion around a table, or are you expecting presentations? That changes the kind of room and capacity you need.
 
A structured discussion sounds more useful than several presentations. Perhaps circulate one simple deal scenario in advance, spend a fixed amount of time on it, and leave enough room for financing questions. I’d also prefer a venue where people can hear one another without having to reserve an expensive private room.
 
I disagree slightly on using a scenario in advance—it could make an informal meetup feel like homework and may discourage newer attendees. A volunteer could bring a deal for the group to analyse on the night instead. Please confirm accessibility before choosing the venue, including step-free entry and accessible washrooms, rather than relying only on a central address.
 
Would remote access be possible for anyone who cannot get to central Toronto? Even a basic audio connection could widen participation, although I realise a noisy venue may make that impractical. If it has to be in-person only, advance notice of the final date and nearest transit stop would still help.
 
Thinking about it further, hybrid access may complicate what is meant to be an informal conversation, especially if there is no suitable room or equipment. A short remote follow-up on another day might work better than trying to serve both groups at once. Before committing, I’d prioritise the date, accessible transit-friendly venue, maximum capacity and whether attendees must pay anything.
 
Back
Top