MX$702,000 is the amount driving my decision. That is what should remain after the deposit and expected purchase expenses on a five-bedroom Mexico City condo priced at about MX$4,770,000.
The inspection is lengthy, although it describes a basically sound home rather than a major project. Some items may need attention during the first year, and I do not want the size of the condo to tempt me into furnishing every room immediately.
My first thought is to protect a household emergency reserve, then set aside cash for the move and genuinely time-sensitive defects. Before deciding what is available for furniture, I still need to confirm the monthly building charge, insurance excess, payment date for the mortgage and whether my closing estimate is complete. How would you rank those checks, and which inspection items would you normally defer until after moving in?
The inspection is lengthy, although it describes a basically sound home rather than a major project. Some items may need attention during the first year, and I do not want the size of the condo to tempt me into furnishing every room immediately.
My first thought is to protect a household emergency reserve, then set aside cash for the move and genuinely time-sensitive defects. Before deciding what is available for furniture, I still need to confirm the monthly building charge, insurance excess, payment date for the mortgage and whether my closing estimate is complete. How would you rank those checks, and which inspection items would you normally defer until after moving in?