rhea_saves
First-time buyer
The figure that changed my view was not the apartment price but the revised monthly association cost. Higher building insurance and reserve funding now make owning this Mexico City unit much less attractive compared with continuing to rent.
I can see an argument for treating the increase as temporary, especially if it is funding a defined repair programme. On the other hand, if insurance, maintenance and reserve needs have moved to a permanently higher level, I should value the apartment on that basis and consider the effect on resale liquidity.
What evidence would distinguish those two cases? I am checking the policy exclusions and loss-assessment cover, but I would also like to know which reserve documents or maintenance history would change your conclusion.
I can see an argument for treating the increase as temporary, especially if it is funding a defined repair programme. On the other hand, if insurance, maintenance and reserve needs have moved to a permanently higher level, I should value the apartment on that basis and consider the effect on resale liquidity.
What evidence would distinguish those two cases? I am checking the policy exclusions and loss-assessment cover, but I would also like to know which reserve documents or maintenance history would change your conclusion.