I’m considering a three-bedroom apartment in Oslo. The purchase price works for me, but the building’s insurance premium and shared-reserve contributions have risen sharply. The resulting monthly association figure now absorbs much of the apparent saving over renting.
With the decision deadline suddenly feeling real, would you value the apartment on the assumption that these costs remain high, or treat part of the increase as temporary? I’m checking the insurance exclusions and whether loss-assessment cover is relevant, but I’m also worried about future maintenance and how another buyer might view the monthly charge at resale.
With the decision deadline suddenly feeling real, would you value the apartment on the assumption that these costs remain high, or treat part of the increase as temporary? I’m checking the insurance exclusions and whether loss-assessment cover is relevant, but I’m also worried about future maintenance and how another buyer might view the monthly charge at resale.