Is 104 days meaningful for high-value Delhi mixed-use listings?

For October 2025, I tracked a narrow group of Delhi mixed-use buildings asking between ₹77,490,000 and ₹116,200,000. Their current marketing period is roughly 104 days.

Financing costs appear to matter more than the monthly headline, but agents are giving me conflicting explanations. Would you treat this as ordinary variation between properties, a seasonal lull, or an early change in this particular segment? I am trying to decide which evidence to collect next rather than falling back on a citywide average.
 
I would not call a change from 104 days alone. In a narrow, expensive mixed-use group, a few difficult buildings can move that figure substantially. Start with recent completed sales, then compare new listings with withdrawn stock. If listings remain available longer while withdrawals and price cuts rise, the financing explanation becomes more persuasive.
 
Once building condition is separated out, another question appears: are these properties really serving the same mix of residential and commercial buyers? Two nearby Delhi buildings can have very different usable space, repair needs and likely occupiers.

I would tighten the area and use before reading much into 104 days. Then check recent completed transactions for comparable condition and note whether the unsold properties differ mainly in layout, state of repair or location.
 
Maria's point is important, although financing could still be the common pressure across very different buildings. I would record when each price cut happened. A cluster of reductions late in the marketing period suggests sellers testing ambitious prices; earlier cuts may indicate that buyer budgets or loan terms changed faster than sellers expected.
 
I am less convinced that price-cut timing will settle it. Seller motivation can produce exactly the same pattern: one owner cuts quickly, another waits months, regardless of buyer financing. Also separate buildings needing substantial work from those in usable condition. At these prices, condition can alter both the buyer pool and the time needed to assess a property.
 
Fair caveat. The cleanest approach may be to group the listings by neighbourhood, condition and original listing month, then examine financing and seller behaviour within those smaller groups. The sample will become thin, but that is preferable to treating unlike properties as one trend.
 
Watch for withdrawn and reintroduced properties too. A building may appear to have a fresh marketing period when it has actually been tested before. I would keep both the visible listing period and any earlier exposure you can reliably identify, without assuming every disappearance means a sale.
 
This is helpful. I have been treating the ₹77,490,000–₹116,200,000 band as the main filter, but I have not yet separated the observations carefully enough by neighbourhood, condition, withdrawals or seller behaviour. I will rebuild the comparison around original listing month and completed sales, then add price-cut dates where they are available. That should show whether 104 days is broad-based or driven by a few awkward properties.
 
Add three simple fields: original asking price, latest asking price and outcome. For the outcome, distinguish completed, still marketed and withdrawn rather than forcing everything into sold or unsold. Then compare the age of listings with and without cuts. It will not prove why buyers hesitated, but it will expose whether the headline is mostly stale stock.
 
One more complication: “financing costs matter” could mean fewer financed buyers, smaller acceptable offers, or slower decisions while buyers arrange funding. Those would leave different traces. Fewer buyers may increase withdrawals; reduced budgets may widen the gap between asking and completed prices; slower processing may lengthen transactions without necessarily changing agreed values.
 
Yes, and that is why completed sales should anchor the exercise. Asking prices and 104 days tell you about seller expectations and exposure, not where the market cleared. I would compare recent completions only with genuinely similar mixed-use buildings and resist filling gaps with broader Delhi averages. A small honest sample is more useful than a large mismatched one.
 
The practical test is whether several indicators move together after controlling for neighbourhood and condition. Longer exposure alone points to property-level variation. Longer exposure plus more withdrawals, earlier or deeper repricing, and weaker completed outcomes would be more consistent with a segment change. If only October 2025 listings look slow, seasonality remains plausible, but you need adjacent listing cohorts before choosing that explanation.
 
Back
Top