Is 12% below asking too aggressive for Bengaluru student housing?

studyTheRoom

Homeowner
Established
Twenty-five days on the market is not especially long. My concern is committing to an aggressive number before I know how much room there really is.

The Bengaluru student housing is listed at ₹50,940,000, and I am considering ₹44,827,200, or 12% less. The figure reflects the updating required and the lack of reliable completed-sale evidence. I can show that financing is available and accommodate the seller’s preferred completion timing.

How would you present that offer and set the response deadline? I plan to keep inspection and financing protection, and I also need to decide my appraisal-gap limit and maximum deposit exposure before signing rather than trying to solve those points later.
 
Twelve percent is defensible as an opening, but don’t pretend the comparable evidence is stronger than it is. Keep the rationale short: updating costs, limited completed-sale evidence, and the certainty offered by your financing and flexible timing. Give a reasonable response deadline rather than leaving it open-ended.

Can the agent indicate what matters to the seller besides price? Their motivation may determine whether flexibility has any value. I would retain inspection and financing protection.
 
I’d be careful with calling it “clean financing” while still making it conditional—that wording can create mismatched expectations. Provide proof that funds are available, then state the financing contingency plainly.

Also decide your appraisal-gap limit and maximum deposit exposure before offering. If the 12% discount already reflects the updating, asking for broad repair credits later may look like double negotiation. Reserve credits for material issues found during inspection, with the exact contingency wording checked for the Bengaluru transaction.
 
Back
Top