I’ve narrowed my possible offer to $1,078,000, which raises a bigger question about how much risk to keep in the contract. The New York new-build flat is listed at $1,100,000, has been on the market for 65 days and has several items I would want updated. Similar nearby listings support the general range, but completed comparables are still scarce.
Is 2% below asking a reasonable place to start? I can include current financing proof and accommodate the seller on completion timing, but I do not want to trade away inspection, financing or appraisal protection simply to make the price look stronger. Would a concise explanation and a clear response deadline be enough, and how should I plan for a possible appraisal gap?
Is 2% below asking a reasonable place to start? I can include current financing proof and accommodate the seller on completion timing, but I do not want to trade away inspection, financing or appraisal protection simply to make the price look stronger. Would a concise explanation and a clear response deadline be enough, and how should I plan for a possible appraisal gap?