hidden_flag
Homeowner
The seller is still asking $540,000 after 70 days, and I am hesitant to read that as either confidence or willingness to negotiate. The two-bedroom Austin villa needs updating, while the available listings look broadly similar and the closed-sale evidence is thin.
I need to decide by tomorrow whether to start at 3% under the list price. My plan is to show financing readiness and offer a completion timetable that suits the seller, with a short explanation based on condition rather than a catalogue of faults.
The larger concern is the downside if the inspection uncovers more work or the appraisal does not support the contract price. Which protections would you keep firm, and how should the deposit terms reflect the inspection, financing and appraisal conditions?
I need to decide by tomorrow whether to start at 3% under the list price. My plan is to show financing readiness and offer a completion timetable that suits the seller, with a short explanation based on condition rather than a catalogue of faults.
The larger concern is the downside if the inspection uncovers more work or the appraisal does not support the contract price. Which protections would you keep firm, and how should the deposit terms reflect the inspection, financing and appraisal conditions?