We would prefer to proceed with the townhouse, but I do not want to mistake a remaining balance of about $34,000 for money that is all safely available. It would still need to cover the move, essential furniture, the homeowners insurance deductible and any early repair the inspection misses.
The mortgage payment itself fits our budget. Would you set aside known moving and purchase costs first and judge the deal by what remains, or postpone until the entire $34,000 can stay untouched? I am also unclear whether any reserve after closing is a lender-specific condition or simply a matter of how much risk we are willing to carry.
The mortgage payment itself fits our budget. Would you set aside known moving and purchase costs first and judge the deal by what remains, or postpone until the entire $34,000 can stay untouched? I am also unclear whether any reserve after closing is a lender-specific condition or simply a matter of how much risk we are willing to carry.