I am split between opening 8% below asking and waiting until I can support a narrower figure with better evidence. The Tokyo apartment is listed at ¥116,300,000, has been available for 116 days, needs updating and has already had one deal fall through, although the seller is said to be in no hurry.
An 8% reduction means an opening offer of ¥106,996,000. Nearby listings provide some context, but the completed comparables are too thin for me to be confident about value. I can demonstrate financing readiness and accommodate the seller's preferred completion timing. Would you first establish why the earlier transaction failed and then present the offer around renovation cost and appraisal risk? I would also welcome views on inspection, financing and appraisal protections, plus a reasonable response deadline that does not make the offer unnecessarily hostile.
An 8% reduction means an opening offer of ¥106,996,000. Nearby listings provide some context, but the completed comparables are too thin for me to be confident about value. I can demonstrate financing readiness and accommodate the seller's preferred completion timing. Would you first establish why the earlier transaction failed and then present the offer around renovation cost and appraisal risk? I would also welcome views on inspection, financing and appraisal protections, plus a reasonable response deadline that does not make the offer unnecessarily hostile.