balanced_cairn
Buyer
Getting the opening terms wrong could either weaken my protection or turn a workable negotiation into an immediate rejection. The Brisbane serviced apartment is listed at A$1,056,000, has been on the market for 79 days and requires updating. Similar units are advertised nearby, but completed-sale evidence is too limited for me to know where comparable properties are closing.
I am thinking of offering 9% under the asking price while showing that finance is arranged and that I can accommodate the seller’s preferred completion timing. Is condition plus the lack of firm comparable evidence enough explanation, or should I first learn more about the seller’s priorities?
I do not want a stronger-looking offer to come at the cost of finance or inspection protection. I would also appreciate views on handling a low valuation, the deposit and any repair allowance.
I am thinking of offering 9% under the asking price while showing that finance is arranged and that I can accommodate the seller’s preferred completion timing. Is condition plus the lack of firm comparable evidence enough explanation, or should I first learn more about the seller’s priorities?
I do not want a stronger-looking offer to come at the cost of finance or inspection protection. I would also appreciate views on handling a low valuation, the deposit and any repair allowance.