A$16,720 would be left after the deposit and our estimated closing costs. That sounds like a buffer until moving, furniture, service charges and any immediate repairs start drawing from the same amount.
The villa appears well maintained and the regular mortgage instalment looks affordable, but I do not want those points to create false confidence. My tentative rule is to proceed only if the known early costs can be paid while leaving a separate emergency reserve; otherwise we wait and save more. Which single item would you price or confirm first—the payment date for the mortgage, charges due after completion, or work identified by the inspection?
The villa appears well maintained and the regular mortgage instalment looks affordable, but I do not want those points to create false confidence. My tentative rule is to proceed only if the known early costs can be paid while leaving a separate emergency reserve; otherwise we wait and save more. Which single item would you price or confirm first—the payment date for the mortgage, charges due after completion, or work identified by the inspection?