scanTheLoft
Homeowner
I’m 65 days into the buying process for an older 145 m² condo in Abu Dhabi, and the general inspection is now booked. The inspector does not include a scope of the private sewer line, so I need to decide whether to arrange one separately.
There are mature trees near the street, but I have not been told of any drainage warning signs. The extra inspection would cost far less than the AED 80,740 estimate I was given for a full sewer-line replacement, which makes it tempting. On the other hand, I’m trying to preserve cash for moving costs, immediate repairs, service charges, the insurance excess, furniture and the first mortgage payment rather than order every possible add-on.
Is a sewer scope a routine and worthwhile extra for an older condo in Abu Dhabi, or would you only arrange one after slow drains, smells, backups or other inspection findings? I also need to clarify which section is actually private and whether any repair could fall to the building rather than me. What would you ask the inspector, seller or building management before deciding?
Experiences from other markets are welcome, but please name the country and explain what difference in ownership or responsibility changes your answer.
There are mature trees near the street, but I have not been told of any drainage warning signs. The extra inspection would cost far less than the AED 80,740 estimate I was given for a full sewer-line replacement, which makes it tempting. On the other hand, I’m trying to preserve cash for moving costs, immediate repairs, service charges, the insurance excess, furniture and the first mortgage payment rather than order every possible add-on.
Is a sewer scope a routine and worthwhile extra for an older condo in Abu Dhabi, or would you only arrange one after slow drains, smells, backups or other inspection findings? I also need to clarify which section is actually private and whether any repair could fall to the building rather than me. What would you ask the inspector, seller or building management before deciding?
Experiences from other markets are welcome, but please name the country and explain what difference in ownership or responsibility changes your answer.