The general inspection is now booked, which leaves me deciding whether to add a sewer camera inspection. It is a 205 m² older detached home in Sydney, and the standard inspection does not cover the private drain. Mature street-side trees add to the concern.
I was quoted A$50,160 for a complete replacement, although I realise that figure may not apply to every defect. Would you order the camera inspection without symptoms such as odours or slow drainage? Before relying on the quote, I plan to confirm the section covered, ownership near the street boundary and whether footage and a route map are provided. I am reluctant to reduce the cash set aside for moving, inspection repairs, the insurance excess and the first mortgage payment.
I was quoted A$50,160 for a complete replacement, although I realise that figure may not apply to every defect. Would you order the camera inspection without symptoms such as odours or slow drainage? Before relying on the quote, I plan to confirm the section covered, ownership near the street boundary and whether footage and a route map are provided. I am reluctant to reduce the cash set aside for moving, inspection repairs, the insurance excess and the first mortgage payment.