Is Idealista worth adding to a Seoul student-housing search?

I’m looking at student housing in Seoul, South Korea, and deciding whether Idealista is worth adding to my search. Price per square metre would help me compare places, but only if floor-area fields are consistent. I’m also concerned about duplicate listings, stale availability and what happens after contacting an advertiser. Are the mobile filters, map pins and saved-search alerts useful enough to justify monitoring it?
 
I’d treat it as an extra source of leads rather than the main search tool. Before comparing price per square metre, confirm whether the stated area refers to the same kind of space on every listing. Also check that the portal actually has enough current Seoul listings to make alerts worthwhile.
 
What do you mean by student housing here: a room, a self-contained studio, or a place in a managed student building? Duplicate control and floor area matter much more for studios, while location and availability may dominate for rooms. Your acceptable neighbourhoods or commute would also determine whether slightly inaccurate map pins are a minor nuisance or a deal-breaker.
 
The area figures are the part I still don’t trust, so price per square metre would not decide whether I monitored the portal. A polished comparison is no help if one listing includes shared space and another does not. Duplicate handling, recent availability and a clear response after contact matter more for a first shortlist. Price history and completed-transaction references would be useful context, but they still would not confirm that a student property can actually be taken now.
 
A practical test would be to save one narrow Seoul search and inspect the alerts on mobile for a week. Note repeated photos or descriptions, changes in status, missing area fields and pins that do not match the written location. Then contact only a small shortlist and ask the advertiser to confirm availability, total area and the next transaction step before relying on the listing.
 
Back
Top