Is Rightmove reliable enough for a UAE country-home shortlist?

AdaHope

Homeowner
Established
I’m comparing country homes around Dubai from Abu Dhabi and deciding whether Rightmove is dependable enough to build the main shortlist. Coverage looks useful and commute-time is the standout feature, but duplicate adverts, apparently stale availability and inconsistent floor-area entries make side-by-side comparison difficult. It is also unclear how fresh each listing is or what happens after contacting the advertiser. How well do the mobile filters, map pins and saved-search alerts hold up?
 
I’d treat it as a discovery tool rather than the final comparison sheet. Commute-time is only meaningful if the map pin is accurate, and inconsistent floor areas can distort the shortlist. Keep your own table, group likely duplicates by photos and description, then confirm availability, exact location and area directly with the advertiser.
 
The missing detail is whether the duplicate adverts have the same price and floor area. If they differ, it may be more than harmless duplication and should be resolved before arranging anything. I’d also want to know whether the area shown is internal space, total built area or something else.
 
I slightly disagree that duplicate control is the main issue. A duplicate can be spotted; a plausible but misplaced map pin can quietly ruin the commute calculation. I’d shortlist only a few homes, capture the advertised price and area, ask each contact when the status was last confirmed, and verify the location independently. Price history or links to sold records would help, but without clear data the advertiser’s answers still need checking.
 
Back
Top