Is Rightmove useful for a Mexico City studio search from abroad?

eden_flint

Real estate agent
I’m in Rotterdam and considering a studio around Mexico City. Before making Rightmove part of the search, I’m trying to understand how dependable it is beyond browsing. Its school-catchment information looks useful, but duplicate listings, stale availability and inconsistent floor-area fields could make comparisons difficult.

For anyone with first-hand experience, how accurate were the map pins and saved-search alerts on mobile? More importantly, after contacting an advertiser, was the listing status clear and was the next transaction step explained?
 
I’d focus less on the number of listings and more on whether each advertiser can confirm three things: the date availability was last checked, what the stated floor area includes, and the exact location. A map pin can look precise while still representing only the surrounding area.

Are you comparing asking-price changes too? Without price history or links to sold records, duplicates may be especially hard to spot.
 
School information can be useful, but I would not let it outweigh listing freshness and the quality of the advertiser’s response for a studio search. From Rotterdam, a stale advert or an inaccurate location is much harder to investigate than a missing catchment detail.

I would make a short provisional list and ask each advertiser the same questions: when availability was confirmed, what the floor-area figure includes, whether the pin shows the actual location, and what the next step would be. Links to sold records or a usable price history would help distinguish genuine alternatives from duplicate adverts.

Before relying on alerts, save a test search on mobile and check that the important filters remain active. If they do not, it is probably better to keep the shortlist small and verify each property manually.
 
Back
Top