sanna_rates
Homeowner
We need to decide whether to proceed with the condo or give ourselves more time to save. The trade-off is that the mortgage appears manageable, but the remaining cash may have to do too many jobs at once.
The purchase price is ₹33,820,000, and we expect to retain around ₹1,503,000 once the upfront purchase expenses are covered. That money would pay for the move, essential furniture, the insurance excess and any urgent work not fully revealed by the inspection.
The fact that would change my answer is whether this balance should also serve as our ordinary emergency fund. If it is separate, we could protect a repair reserve and furnish gradually. If it is all the cash we would have, delaying may be more sensible. How would you account for the first mortgage payment and recurring condo charges when setting that protected amount?
The purchase price is ₹33,820,000, and we expect to retain around ₹1,503,000 once the upfront purchase expenses are covered. That money would pay for the move, essential furniture, the insurance excess and any urgent work not fully revealed by the inspection.
The fact that would change my answer is whether this balance should also serve as our ordinary emergency fund. If it is separate, we could protect a repair reserve and furnish gradually. If it is all the cash we would have, delaying may be more sensible. How would you account for the first mortgage payment and recurring condo charges when setting that protected amount?