Is Utrecht’s lower-priced condo segment beginning to shift?

measureTheFinch

Buyer
Established
For May 2025 I’ve been tracking a narrow group of Utrecht condos marketed between €136,200 and €204,200 rather than relying on the citywide average. Their current marketing period is roughly 13 days, but differences in building reserves appear more important than the monthly headline.

Should I treat this as ordinary variation between individual properties, or as an early change in this part of the market? I’m particularly unsure how much weight to give the 13-day figure.
 
I’d lean toward property-level variation for now. Thirteen days says little without recent completed sale prices and the number of new listings entering that same range. Neighbourhood boundaries and condition could make a small group look faster or slower very easily.

Are you counting withdrawn listings, or only homes that remain advertised until sale? Withdrawals could materially change the picture.
 
I wouldn’t dismiss the possibility of an early shift, though. Track each listing’s original price, first reduction date, final outcome and building reserves. Also note obvious condition differences and whether buyer financing or seller motivation seems to affect timing. If new-listing volume rises while reductions happen earlier and withdrawals increase, that combination would be more persuasive than the 13-day marketing period alone.
 
Back
Top