testTheKey
First-time buyer
I want to work out whether Santiago student housing is beginning to change, but the individual properties are behaving too differently for a citywide figure to answer that. For the January 2026 listings I’m following, asking prices range from CLP 124,100,000 to CLP 186,100,000. My working midpoint is CLP 155,100,000, and the current marketing time is about 67 days.
Condition and maintenance appear to explain more of the variation than the monthly headline does. My first instinct is to anchor the analysis on completed transactions, then check whether fresh supply, withdrawals and reductions support the same picture.
How tightly would you define the neighbourhood and property type before treating those comparisons as meaningful? I’m also trying to distinguish a wider segment change from sellers with different time pressures or buyers facing financing constraints.
Condition and maintenance appear to explain more of the variation than the monthly headline does. My first instinct is to anchor the analysis on completed transactions, then check whether fresh supply, withdrawals and reductions support the same picture.
How tightly would you define the neighbourhood and property type before treating those comparisons as meaningful? I’m also trying to distinguish a wider segment change from sellers with different time pressures or buyers facing financing constraints.