Johannesburg property energy assessment service

timo.dale

First-time buyer
I have outlined the broad process, although the exact scope will depend on the property and the decision the owner needs to make. I provide energy assessments for projects in the Johannesburg area.

An initial review is used to define the work, after which the client receives a written description of the agreed outputs, timing and exclusions. Anyone making an enquiry can share a general property description, the purpose of the assessment and the preferred timetable without posting sensitive details. The fee basis, final deliverables, relevant credentials, professional insurance and possible conflicts should be settled before the appointment is confirmed.
 
It would help if you clarified the fee structure: is it agreed for the whole scope or based on time spent? Also, what would the client actually receive at the end—a written report, recommendations, or another defined deliverable? “Energy assessment” can mean different things to different owners.
 
What information do you need for the initial review beyond the general property description and timing? For example, should someone mention whether the property is occupied and what decision the assessment is intended to support? That might make enquiries more useful without people posting sensitive details.
 
One caveat to my own question: I would keep public descriptions broad and provide detailed property information only after confirming who will receive it. Before agreeing anything, I’d want the written scope to cover the final deliverables, exclusions, response time, fee basis, credentials, insurance and conflicts. That would also make competing proposals easier to compare on more than price.
 
Back
Top