I’m deciding whether to bid now or wait for more price reductions on Johannesburg warehouses listed from ZAR 18,200,000 to ZAR 27,300,000. The local snapshot I have shows +9.0% movement and roughly 72 days on market, although I’m not sure the movement figure is genuinely like-for-like.
Negotiated discounts seem to change sharply with condition. My working theory is that energy performance is creating more of the spread than headline demand, but agents are giving conflicting explanations and seasonality may be involved. Does that fit what others are seeing in South Africa? Please identify the neighbourhood and type of warehouse, and distinguish completed sales from asking-price changes.
Negotiated discounts seem to change sharply with condition. My working theory is that energy performance is creating more of the spread than headline demand, but agents are giving conflicting explanations and seasonality may be involved. Does that fit what others are seeing in South Africa? Please identify the neighbourhood and type of warehouse, and distinguish completed sales from asking-price changes.