Remote ownership may leave almost no margin for error. If I leave Singapore, my specific concern is who deals with a tenant problem or urgent repair when I cannot attend promptly.
The management quotes are around 9% of rent, with letting and maintenance-coordination charges on top. That would reduce an already narrow surplus, although managing from a distance without proper cover is not a realistic alternative.
Rather than choose immediately between keeping and selling, I am considering pricing a normal tenancy year and a turnover year separately. I will include vacancy, reserves, insurance, property tax and possible financing changes. What should I confirm in the manager’s scope and fee schedule before deciding whether the arrangement is workable?
The management quotes are around 9% of rent, with letting and maintenance-coordination charges on top. That would reduce an already narrow surplus, although managing from a distance without proper cover is not a realistic alternative.
Rather than choose immediately between keeping and selling, I am considering pricing a normal tenancy year and a turnover year separately. I will include vacancy, reserves, insurance, property tax and possible financing changes. What should I confirm in the manager’s scope and fee schedule before deciding whether the arrangement is workable?