Getting this wrong could leave me funding repairs from a distance while holding a rental that produces no real return. I may move away from Chicago, so handling urgent tenant calls and arranging contractors myself would be difficult. Managers are quoting about 7% of rent, with leasing and maintenance-coordination charges on top, which reduces the expected monthly surplus to almost nothing.
Would you retain the property for the operational convenience of management, or compare that thin annual result with selling now? I want to model vacancy, turnover and major repairs rather than rely on a typical month. Views from outside the United States are welcome too, provided you note the local factor that changes the calculation.
Would you retain the property for the operational convenience of management, or compare that thin annual result with selling now? I want to model vacancy, turnover and major repairs rather than rely on a typical month. Views from outside the United States are welcome too, provided you note the local factor that changes the calculation.