uma_valuations
Landlord
There are two reasonable approaches here: move toward the market now, or accept a discount in exchange for stability. The second feels safer because this tenant pays consistently and has treated the property well, but leaving the rent unchanged may make a future adjustment much harder.
Comparable Boston listings suggest about $8,317, against the current $6,640. I do not want to treat that difference as automatic income. A vacancy, preparation work and the uncertainty of a replacement tenant could consume a substantial part of it.
How would you turn those factors into a repeatable review process and a fair increase? I also want to explain the calculation constructively, while checking the lease and current local requirements for timing, notice and any deposit handling if the tenancy eventually ends.
Comparable Boston listings suggest about $8,317, against the current $6,640. I do not want to treat that difference as automatic income. A vacancy, preparation work and the uncertainty of a replacement tenant could consume a substantial part of it.
How would you turn those factors into a repeatable review process and a fair increase? I also want to explain the calculation constructively, while checking the lease and current local requirements for timing, notice and any deposit handling if the tenancy eventually ends.