Lima detached homes: is 34 days a market signal?

If I misread this as a broader change, I could give friends a confident answer based on a very small slice of Lima. My April 2026 notes cover detached homes priced between PEN 2,340,000 and PEN 3,510,000, with about 34 days of marketing so far.

I deliberately kept the group narrow, although I may still be mixing neighbourhood edges and property conditions that attract different buyers. The number of listings has increased, but much of that stock is not especially appealing.

What would make you treat this as a real shift rather than normal variation? I am thinking one branch would be earlier reductions or evidence of more motivated sellers; the other would be stable pricing with weaker homes being withdrawn or relisted. I do not yet have enough completed transactions to distinguish between them.
 
I wouldn’t call 34 days an early market shift by itself. At that price level, condition and the exact neighbourhood boundary could make a small sample look much faster or slower. The missing comparison is recent completed sales: did they close near asking, and were the less attractive listings sold, withdrawn, or simply relisted? New-listing volume matters, but withdrawn stock can hide how much supply is genuinely competing.
 
Mostly agree, though I wouldn’t dismiss the extra listings. If price cuts are appearing earlier than before, that may reveal changing seller motivation even before completed sales show it. I’d separate the homes by neighbourhood and condition, then record first-listing date, first price-cut date, withdrawals, and any relisting. Also note whether likely buyers need financing, since a longer process can affect marketing time without indicating weaker demand.
 
Back
Top