I’m looking at several mixed-use buildings in Lima around PEN 1,631,000. Once I include vacancy, management, maintenance, insurance, property tax and finance at 7.43%, each model turns cash-flow negative.
This would be my first purchase, and I’m also trying to decide how much weight to give a school catchment when part of the income is commercial. Would you lower the offer, contribute more equity, accept a weak current return, or wait? I’d especially like to compare real operating assumptions rather than headline gross yields. If another market works differently, please identify what changes the calculation.
This would be my first purchase, and I’m also trying to decide how much weight to give a school catchment when part of the income is commercial. Would you lower the offer, contribute more equity, accept a weak current return, or wait? I’d especially like to compare real operating assumptions rather than headline gross yields. If another market works differently, please identify what changes the calculation.