The rent needs to cover more than ordinary running costs without making the deal too sensitive to financing. The property is a 5-bed detached home in Lisbon priced at €496,800, with expected rent of €2,617 a month and a headline gross yield of about 6.3%.
I have made allowances for empty periods, management, regular upkeep and one substantial repair. What remains unclear is the actual local tax, insurance, exterior maintenance and any owner-paid services. I also need to know whether €2,617 is supportable for a single tenancy or assumes letting rooms separately, since those approaches produce very different turnover and management costs.
Would you test the net cash flow first on the full acquisition cost and then repeat it under the proposed financing? The purchase structure can change later; an overstated achievable rent is much harder to fix.
I have made allowances for empty periods, management, regular upkeep and one substantial repair. What remains unclear is the actual local tax, insurance, exterior maintenance and any owner-paid services. I also need to know whether €2,617 is supportable for a single tenancy or assumes letting rooms separately, since those approaches produce very different turnover and management costs.
Would you test the net cash flow first on the full acquisition cost and then repeat it under the proposed financing? The purchase structure can change later; an overstated achievable rent is much harder to fix.