Lisbon condos in June 2025: normal variation or an early market change?

ravi.bloom

Homeowner
I’m deciding whether to make an offer now or keep watching. The Lisbon listings I saved are not moving together at all, so I stopped relying on the citywide average and followed a narrower group of condos priced from €485,800 to €728,600. Their current marketing period is roughly 83 days.

Once transaction fees are included, the total cost seems more important than the monthly headline movement. Does this look like ordinary variation between individual properties, or an early change in this part of Portugal?
 
On that information alone, I’d lean toward property-level variation. Asking prices and days marketed can hide very different seller expectations. Recent completed sales would be more revealing, while withdrawn listings matter too: a home disappearing is not necessarily a sale. I’d separate sold, withdrawn and still available properties before interpreting the 83 days.
 
How narrow is the group geographically? Even nearby Lisbon neighbourhoods—or different edges drawn around the same neighbourhood—can produce a misleading comparison. Condition is another missing piece. A renovated condo and one needing substantial work may share an asking-price band without competing for the same buyers.
 
I’m less convinced that uneven movement means there is no broader change. Early shifts rarely affect every listing simultaneously because seller motivation differs. Watch new-listing volume and when price cuts occur: several reductions soon after listing would tell a different story from a few stale properties trimming prices after months. Buyer financing could also separate otherwise similar listings if total acquisition costs are becoming more restrictive.
 
I’d turn the saved list into a simple weekly table: neighbourhood boundary, condition, original and current asking price, first-seen date, cut date, withdrawn date and any confirmed completed sale. Keep transaction fees separate from the advertised price so you can compare both the property movement and the actual budget impact.

After a few updates, you should be able to see whether the 83-day figure comes from the whole group slowing or just a handful of stubborn listings.
 
One addition to my table suggestion: don’t treat every withdrawal or relisting as proof of seller distress. It may indicate motivation, but it may also reflect a changed plan or marketing approach. I’d use those events as prompts to ask the agent what happened, then base any offer mainly on comparable completed sales, condition and your full purchase cost.
 
Back
Top