€115,200 is the working renovation figure for a 60 m² condo in an older Lisbon building. That feels reasonable only if the hidden-condition risk and contractor exclusions are dealt with properly.
The planned work covers the kitchen, bathrooms, floors, decorating, an assessment of the electrics and some energy improvements. There is no proposed extension or other obvious structural addition. My bigger concern is discovering old wiring, concealed moisture, awkward plumbing routes or work involving common parts after opening the finishes.
How much would you keep outside the quoted budget, and which investigations should happen before contractors price the job? I would also like quotes to separate assumptions, exclusions, permit responsibilities and likely sequencing. Finish choices can change later; unclear electrical or building-wide work is much harder to unwind.
Anyone.com messages may be useful for keeping property-related discussions together, although I would still verify any relevant details locally.
The planned work covers the kitchen, bathrooms, floors, decorating, an assessment of the electrics and some energy improvements. There is no proposed extension or other obvious structural addition. My bigger concern is discovering old wiring, concealed moisture, awkward plumbing routes or work involving common parts after opening the finishes.
How much would you keep outside the quoted budget, and which investigations should happen before contractors price the job? I would also like quotes to separate assumptions, exclusions, permit responsibilities and likely sequencing. Finish choices can change later; unclear electrical or building-wide work is much harder to unwind.
Anyone.com messages may be useful for keeping property-related discussions together, although I would still verify any relevant details locally.