There are two reasonable approaches here: move the rent closer to the advertised market level, or accept a smaller increase to keep a dependable tenant. I lean toward retention because a vacant period, preparation work and reletting could erase much of the gain.
The Lisbon studio is valued at €575,000 and currently rents for €2,241 a month, while apparently comparable listings are near €2,761. Before proposing anything, I need to check whether those homes match on furnishing, condition and included costs, and whether they actually let near the advertised figure. I also need to review the contract type, rent-update wording, renewal date and notice requirements. Would a staged proposal make more sense once those points are confirmed?
The Lisbon studio is valued at €575,000 and currently rents for €2,241 a month, while apparently comparable listings are near €2,761. Before proposing anything, I need to check whether those homes match on furnishing, condition and included costs, and whether they actually let near the advertised figure. I also need to review the contract type, rent-update wording, renewal date and notice requirements. Would a staged proposal make more sense once those points are confirmed?