One view is that an early offer saves us further marketing time; the other is that shared representation could weaken the independent advice we receive. We have an offer of roughly ARS 1,264,000,000 on our property near Buenos Aires, and the agent proposes acting for both us and the purchaser. The speed is attractive, but I am hesitant about confidentiality and negotiation.
Would it be reasonable to proceed only in stages: first verify the written offer and the buyer’s ability to complete, then consider the arrangement after receiving written terms on representation, conflicts, fees and access to each side’s information? I would also want to know whether every offer is recorded, what listing and photography work remains included, and what support is provided if this buyer withdraws.
Would it be reasonable to proceed only in stages: first verify the written offer and the buyer’s ability to complete, then consider the arrangement after receiving written terms on representation, conflicts, fees and access to each side’s information? I would also want to know whether every offer is recorded, what listing and photography work remains included, and what support is provided if this buyer withdraws.