I’m assessing a London 1-bed apartment priced at £354,900, with expected rent of £1,108 per month. That gives a headline gross yield near 3.7%.
My conservative model uses eleven months of rent and deducts management, routine maintenance, vacancy and a reserve for one larger repair. The building appears sound, but the remaining lease length could materially change the result.
Which London cost am I most likely to be underestimating? Is my repair reserve likely to be doing too much work, and what net yield would compensate you for the risks here?
My conservative model uses eleven months of rent and deducts management, routine maintenance, vacancy and a reserve for one larger repair. The building appears sound, but the remaining lease length could materially change the result.
Which London cost am I most likely to be underestimating? Is my repair reserve likely to be doing too much work, and what net yield would compensate you for the risks here?