readsAndYard
Landlord
On the headline figures this could pass as a long-term investment, but I am hesitant to make it our first rental. The London 3-bed is £585,000 and the proposed rent is £1,525 a month, so the gross yield is only about 3.1%.
I have allowed for empty periods, management, routine upkeep and tenant turnover. Finance would be assessed separately. Before going further, I need to know the service charge, any ground rent or planned works, and who carries property-related charges while the flat is vacant. At this margin, would you keep investigating only if those figures were unusually low, or stop now?
I have allowed for empty periods, management, routine upkeep and tenant turnover. Finance would be assessed separately. Before going further, I need to know the service charge, any ground rent or planned works, and who carries property-related charges while the flat is vacant. At this margin, would you keep investigating only if those figures were unusually low, or stop now?