London country homes: 5.5% movement and 70 days on market

FirstPine

Real estate agent
Verified Pro
I’m tracking London listings described as country homes between £811,200 and £1,217,000. The current snapshot shows movement of about -5.5% and roughly 70 days on market, but the negotiated discount seems to vary sharply with condition.

My working theory is that rental regulation is contributing more to that spread than headline buyer demand. Does that fit what others are seeing in the United Kingdom? Please include the neighbourhood boundaries and property type, as a London-wide comparison may be misleading.
 
I don’t think those figures alone establish the rental-regulation link. Is the 5.5% an advertised price reduction, or the difference between the original asking price and a completed sale? Seventy days can also conceal withdrawn and relisted stock. I’d want recent completed sales beside the active listings, split by condition and a tightly defined area.
 
Daniel’s distinction is important, although I wouldn’t dismiss seller motivation connected with the rental market. A useful next step would be to record new listings, withdrawals, the timing of the first price cut and whether buyers need financing. Also separate genuinely comparable homes by condition; otherwise a renovated property and one needing substantial work will make the average discount say very little.
 
Back
Top