London five-bed detached listings: is 15 days really the current pace?

romy_listings

Homeowner
Established
I’m looking at London five-bed detached homes priced from £474,200 to £711,400. The current listings suggest roughly 15 days to find a buyer, with many of the slower outliers apparently involving service charges. Does that match recent completed deals, or is the online sample skewed by properties that remain visible while quick sales and withdrawals disappear?
 
The online sample is useful, but I hesitate to call 15 days the general pace. Homes still advertised are the ones that have not yet disappeared into an agreed sale or withdrawal, while completed transactions belong to an earlier financing environment. I’d follow a cohort from its original listing date and retain every reduction, withdrawal and under-offer result. I’d also check why detached homes are showing service charges, since mixed tenure or development types could be distorting the comparison.
 
Which London neighbourhoods are included, and does “find a buyer” mean first marked under offer? Five bedrooms and that price band could produce a very different mix across boundary areas. Condition matters too: a renovated house and one needing substantial work should not be compared solely by bedroom count.
 
I partly disagree that completed sales will settle it, because they lag the listings you are watching and may reflect different financing conditions. I’d split the sample by neighbourhood, condition and initial versus reduced price, then record under-offer, withdrawn and still available outcomes. Seller motivation may explain more of the 15-day figure than service charges alone.
 
Back
Top