London flats: interpreting 9.0% movement and 81 days on market

makeTheCanvas

Property investor
Established
Before I decide whether this snapshot is useful, I need to work out whether speed or seller flexibility is the better signal. I am following London flats advertised between £751,900 and £1,128,000; the figures show 9.0% movement and about 81 days of marketing, but I have not yet established how much of the variation comes from fees rather than condition or motivation.

My next step is to define exactly what the 9.0% measures, separate completed sales from listings, and identify anything withdrawn and later relisted. I would then compare similar property types within tight neighbourhood boundaries and note condition alongside the seller’s pricing changes.

If anyone has a local comparison, which London area and property type are you looking at, and are the 81 days measured to agreement, completion or withdrawal?
 
For two-bedroom period conversions around the East Dulwich/Peckham boundary, I’d give condition and seller motivation more weight than transaction fees. A flat needing work can attract interest but still stall once buyers consider the total commitment. Neighbourhood boundaries also matter here: agents may use the more marketable label, while buyers compare a much tighter set of streets.
 
What does the 9.0% represent—asking-price change, asking versus agreed price, or movement over time? Without that, it is hard to test the theory. I’d also separate genuine 81-day listings from withdrawn and relisted stock, because a reset can make the visible marketing period misleading.
 
I’d narrow the exercise to one micro-area and one apartment type. Record the original ask, timing of any price cut, current status, condition, and whether financing could be an issue. Then compare with the most recent completed sales available, while allowing for their time lag. New-listing volume matters too: several similar flats arriving together can weaken a seller’s position without indicating a London-wide shift.
 
Agreed on separating relists, but I wouldn’t rely only on completed sales; they reflect negotiations begun earlier. Current price-cut timing and withdrawn stock can reveal seller resistance sooner. On the East Dulwich/Peckham example, I’d compare only genuinely similar conversions on the same side of the boundary before deciding that the full 9.0% is market movement.
 
Back
Top