The 0.2% difference between advertised and completed prices is what I am trying to understand. In April 2025, well-presented country homes in the London data I was following appeared to move in about 32 days, while properties requiring renovation took longer.
Before calling that a market shift, I want to check whether the figures cover comparable homes and the same time period. For example, an April completion may relate to an offer agreed months earlier, not an April listing. What sample size, transaction-volume data or neighbourhood evidence would you verify first to separate seasonal movement and policy timing from greater buyer selectivity?
Before calling that a market shift, I want to check whether the figures cover comparable homes and the same time period. For example, an April completion may relate to an offer agreed months earlier, not an April listing. What sample size, transaction-volume data or neighbourhood evidence would you verify first to separate seasonal movement and policy timing from greater buyer selectivity?