Getting the repair risk wrong could mean either overpaying or dismissing a house that would work at the right figure. I looked at a limited group of London country homes advertised from £630,200 to £945,400. Prices moved by only about 0.3%, and the median time on the market was 37 days, although the variation in condition makes those figures hard to interpret.
The extra supply is tempting to read as buyer leverage, but many of the listings still do not look attractive. Do recent offers typically reflect the cash buyers expect to retain for works, or do finance and uncertainty cause them to walk away instead? I am trying to decide whether repair exposure appears as a negotiated reduction, a later price cut or simply a failed sale.
The extra supply is tempting to read as buyer leverage, but many of the listings still do not look attractive. Do recent offers typically reflect the cash buyers expect to retain for works, or do finance and uncertainty cause them to walk away instead? I am trying to decide whether repair exposure appears as a negotiated reduction, a later price cut or simply a failed sale.