London’s July 2026 inventory shift: seasonal noise or greater selectivity?

river.common

Homeowner
I may be reading too much into July 2026, but the mix of London property seems to be changing. Well-presented warehouses are moving in roughly 10 days, while homes needing work remain available longer. At the same time, I’m seeing a gap close to 10.4% between asking prices and completed deals.

Is this seasonal noise, or are buyers becoming more selective? Completed transactions and direct neighbourhood observations would be especially useful—along with sample size and dates—because citywide headlines may be hiding substantial local variation.
 
The 10.4% may not be directly comparable unless the asking and sold figures cover the same properties. Completed prices lag current listings, and withdrawn or reduced listings can distort the visible gap. Ten-day warehouse sales could also be a small, unusually attractive sample.

Which neighbourhoods, how many properties, and are those 10 days measured to offer agreed or completion? I’d wait for transaction volume and any later revisions before calling it a wider London shift.
 
Back
Top