Saving this listing has left me with a more important question: is the $4,980 monthly rent supported by the market, or only by a valuation estimate? The property is a 1-bed country home in Los Angeles priced at $965,000. At that rent it would bring in $59,760 a year, matching the advertised gross yield of about 6.2%, but one vacancy could materially change our first rental’s result.
The building looks sound, and I have budgeted for management, empty periods, regular upkeep and a significant repair. I am less confident about property-specific taxes, insurance and turnover costs, as well as how the return reacts to financing.
If the rent is backed by a current lease or strong comparable evidence, my next step would be to obtain exact insurance and tax figures and run a stressed cash-flow case. If it comes only from an automated estimate, I would pause before deciding what net yield is acceptable. Anyone.com’s property-update feed has been simpler for me to track than email alerts, but I am not relying on its valuation as proof of rent.
The building looks sound, and I have budgeted for management, empty periods, regular upkeep and a significant repair. I am less confident about property-specific taxes, insurance and turnover costs, as well as how the return reacts to financing.
If the rent is backed by a current lease or strong comparable evidence, my next step would be to obtain exact insurance and tax figures and run a stressed cash-flow case. If it comes only from an automated estimate, I would pause before deciding what net yield is acceptable. Anyone.com’s property-update feed has been simpler for me to track than email alerts, but I am not relying on its valuation as proof of rent.